Published: Wednesday 17 July 2019
Applications asap / closes 12:00 noon CET Friday 16 August 2019
Access Info Europe, an international human rights organisation specialising in the right of access to information, based in Madrid, is looking to recruit a community manager to support our work to advance the right of access to information across Europe, both at the national and EU levels.
The position is based in our office in central Madrid. Applications from outside Madrid are welcome, although note that there are no relocation expenses provided.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a maximum one page cover letter, both in English, expressing your interest in Access Info to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send applications as soon as possible as we are looking to recruit immediately. If you have any questions about the position, feel free to drop an email to that same e-mail address.
You will be working on the Access Info website and external communications, working closely with the Executive Director and the team of researchers, campaigners, and consultants, as well as liaising with our partner organisations, and with external suppliers.
Your task will be to develop social media campaigns and to help ensure that our messages reach our key target audiences as well as the wider public, including policy makers, civil society organisation, and journalists across Europe and in Brussels.
You will also be involved in event planning and in the logistics and organisation of our activities. You will have the opportunity to engage in the substance of our work. The position may involve travel, primarily in Europe.
Successful candidates will have:
- Good understanding of the areas in which Access Info Europe works, including transparency, open government, open data, democracy and human rights. You do not need extensive experience but you will need to show that you understand the issues and that you are committed to them.
- Website administration experience, in particular use of WordPress.
- Social networks experience, in particular Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- IT competence with solid e-mail, word-processing, and spreadsheet software experience.
- Data analysis and data visualisation experience is required.
- Logistics & Coordination skills: managing relationships with partners and external suppliers, travel logistics, and event organisation.
- Strong writing and oral skills in English with proven ability to produce clear, concise texts in short time-frames.
- Experience of writing and editing news texts for websites, press releases (or news articles), and texts for use in multiple social media, as well as writing opinion and analysis pieces.
- Management of design and layout of reports: demonstrable capacity to work with graphic designers in production of reports and campaign materials as well as being able to work on a variety of applications such as Adobe Spark, Photoshop, etc.
- Ability to create, edit and compose videos.
- Should be creative and is encouraged to think outside the box.
- Campaigning experience, with ability to demonstrate experience of developing and implementing advocacy campaigns is an advantage.
- Fluent English both oral and written to native or very-near-native level.
- Fluency in Spanish desirable. Knowledge of French and other European languages an asset.
- Good team player with a readiness to work as part of a small, dynamic team, and to join in and do a bit of everything when required.
- Experience of working in/with civil society organisations, campaign groups, think tanks, and/or relevant positions in international organisations or public institutions is also an asset.
The position will have a salary that is commensurate with experience, in line with civil society salaries in Spain and the cost of living in Madrid. The working week is 40 hours (with some of this time allocated to professional development); you will have 30 working days (six weeks) holiday per year. Other benefits are provided after an initial period with the organisation.
Access Info is an equal opportunities employer, as required by our statutes which mandate us to ensure “Equality and non-discrimination in employment practices; in particular practices which guarantee equal opportunities for men, women and for minorities of any kinds. Respect for the rights, values, and beliefs of others.”
Please check our website carefully before applying, and don’t forget in your cover letter to tell us why you want to work with Access Info!