20 and 27 April and 4 May 2021
The VIII Congress on the Advancement of Open Government and the VI Congress on Good Governance and Transparency of the Valencian Region were held under the title Multilevel Asymmetries of Transparency and the Right of Access.
The Executive Director of Access Info Europe, Helen Darbishire, participated in the closing of this event organised by Lorenzo Cotino, Andrés Boix and Jorge Castellanos, professors of the Department of Constitutional Law, Political Science and Administration of the University of Valencia. The Transparency Observatory, a research project of the University of Seville, also contributed to the organisation of the event.
She was joined by Yolanda Gómez, Director of the Centre for Political and Constitutional Studies (CEPS), and Olivié Bayón, Director General of Public Governance at the Spanish Ministry of Territorial Policy and Public Function.
Among the issues addressed during the meeting were:
- The variables for effective transparency;
- Ten years of the transparency law: asymmetries seen from the Transparency and Good Governance Council of Spain;
- The dual model and the Andalusian experience in the context of independent authorities;
- Special regimes and fundamental rights of access to information by qualified subjects;
- Comparative analysis of divergences in the inadmissibility of the right of access;
- Proposals for the implementation of active transparency control as a commitment to the Open Government Partnership; and,
- Models of transparency management: from theory to practice through learning.